We are looking for a Principal Business Intelligence (BI) consultant for the BI & Cognitive Design practice in our Think Big Analytics consulting division. In this role, you will work with our clients and evaluate, design, build and adopt sophisticated BI and visualization applications, user interfaces, tools and platforms, on-premises and in the cloud. You will advise them in designing and implementing powerful and easy-to-use dashboards, visualizations and user interface applications for BI and analytics. If you share Teradata’s passion for professionally architected and scalable analytic solutions, you are the right candidate. You will help our clients to leverage and activate their Data Warehouses and Data Lakes through BI and data visualizations that cater for potentially complex and large data volumes as well as large numbers of users of all kinds. This is a vital position in the Think Big Analytics consulting team, to enable our customers, see and reason about their data.
BI applications are only as good as their underlying databases and data stores. This position requires the candidate to be comfortable to work across the entire architecture stack, designing, implementing and optimizing BI data models as well as BI platforms and end-user applications such as dashboards, enterprise reporting portals or mobile interfaces. Modern BI architectures and approaches very often require companies to align their organisation, processes and behavioural frameworks. It will be your role to advise our clients in the necessary concepts, techniques and best practices, to successfully adopt modern BI & data visualization.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of Think Big Analytics and other Teradata teams, customers and in different industries. You will establish a trusted advisor and expert role in the IT and business organisations of our clients and in internal communities alike.
We are looking for candidates based in London
Your responsibilities and activities will include:
· Act as a subject matter expert for innovative BI and data visualization applications and user interfaces, for large enterprise organisations
· Continuously and proactively develop consulting business opportunities in the respective domain, in close collaboration with our sales force
· Be an active leader and contributor in service presales and delivery efforts, contribute to a high and effective utilization of the wider team
· Develop a trusted advisor position for BI and data visualization solutions with our key clients and prospects
· Collaborate with many parts of the Teradata organisation to win and deliver projects, including business consulting, data science and data engineering.
· Support the scoping and resourcing of projects, lead design and implement teams
· Provide hands-on leadership and mentoring to others in the team, support the on-boarding of staff
· Deliver external thought leadership through blogs, speaking opportunities, meetups etc.
· Foster and manage internal communities of BI and data visualization professionals across the globe, and develop reusable sales and project assets
· Profound experience in designing and implementing BI and data visualization solutions
· Ability to develop consulting business opportunities as well as sell and scope consulting projects
· Skills to translate business requirements into BI information models, applications, user interfaces or powerful data visualizations (to uncover and present insights in data)
· At least 7 years of proven hands-on experience with a wide variety of BI and data visualization platforms and technologies, both commercial and open-source
· Practical experience with the most common analytical database architectures (RDBMS, NoSQL) and solutions, both commercial and open-source
· Experience in managing and developing teams, either permanent, project or virtual teams
· At least an awareness of DevOps and agile project management practices
This will be a plus:
· Practical experience with Teradata products and solutions
· IT application development skills, project experience in front-end application development
· Having implemented solutions using Hadoop ecosystem technologies
· Skills in designing and implementing analytical solutions in public cloud environments, most notably Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
· Work experience in DevOps environments as well as agile managed delivery projects
· Ability to bring out the best from people in demanding situations
This is how you work:
· Take and execute leadership in a motivating and goal-oriented way
· Combine an analytical and creative approach to problem solving
· Be a clear, confident and persuasive communicator, with excellent presentation skills and with the ability to structure a coherent, logical argument and the confidence to defend assumptions, projections and recommendations
· Be motivated by learning and applying latest technology trends as well as enjoy drilling into the different technical layers of software solutions
· Willingness and ability to travel frequently
· Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English in the “IT business” workplace
· Working in virtual teams