As a national, leading supplier of vehicle fleet management and asset finance services undergoing aggressive expansion they are looking for a SQL BI Analyst Developer to be responsible for the design, planning and implementation of BI solutions within the business.
This position would suit someone with a proactive, hands-on approach and at least two years' experience in a similar role although a less experienced candidate would be considered.
The role provides exposure to a wide range of technologies and the opportunity to assist with implementing business value from our IT systems and data. You will report to the IT Manager, liaise with in-house and external software developers, and interact with customers, suppliers and users at every level of the business.?
Your duties as SQL BI Analyst Developer will include the following:
- Understand and carry out complex numerical and or financial calculations and analyse data at the appropriate level for this role
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather business requirements for reporting and dashboard requirements.
- Have strong experience creating reports and dashboards, potentially from multiple data sources
- Perform data warehouse design and modelling according to established standards by designing and implementing technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes to ensure data warehouse solutions are delivered to the highest possible quality
- Stay updated with both technical processes as well as to allow the Information Management team to understand business needs and translate these into quality software products.
- Have responsibility for one's own work and projects delivering within agreed timelines and specification.
- Have a flexible approach to working and assisting within the IT team on other agreed projects and duties.
- Manage escalation to internal/external third line support as required
- Establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Test and evaluate new technology where appropriate
- Provide in-house IT training
- Participate in out of hours troubleshooting and maintenance work as required
Experience in the following is essential:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 / 2012
- Application development lifecycle skills and experience using SQL Server (ETL and report development)
- Knowledge and experience of the Microsoft Business Intelligence product stack, including; SharePoint, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, and SQL Server Analysis Services
- Active directory
Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Windows 7 and 8
- Experience with Group Policies, DHCP, DNS
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Terminal Services
- Web Technologies
- Networking, Telephony