Senior Data Science Software Engineer - Java, Scala, Python, Linux
£75,000 + Market Leading Benefit Package (+ 30% Value)
This role as a Data Science Software Engineer gives you the chance to work with cutting edge technology such as: Hadoop, Spark, Akka, Cloudera and Kafka and coding mostly using Java, Scala and Python, for a tech driven FS business. You will be designing, building and developing Data Science Solutions and tools to productionise the solutions. It is a great chance for a strong software engineer to pursue an interest in Data Science.
This company are a technology driven company within the financial sector. The talented team you will be joining is rapidly expanding, and are working on some high-profile projects using machine learning and Data Science techniques. They are looking for a software engineer to bring innovative ideas and tech suggestions to the team.
- Design, building, deploying and maintain highly scalable and performant solutions with the Data Science Team. This will be done using a mixture of Scala, Python and Java, amongst other technologies.
- Work within the Data Science team to deliver proposed use cases.
- Work with all Data Engineers and Data Scientists to deliver secure, performant and maintainable end-to-end tooling.
- Work with Architects and Engineers to POC and implement new capabilities.
- Excellent Engineering Skills using Java, and ideally Scala.
- Comfortable in Linux environments.
- Exposure to Akka, Python and other tech such as: Hadoop, Spark, Hive and Kafka.
- Ability to design and implement Web application of own designs.
- A brilliant opportunity to work within a rapidly growing Data Science team, and have hands on involvement in end-to-end projects.
- A great chance to work within a technology motivated company, cutting edge technology and within a very talented team.
- A salary of up to £75,000, plus a market leading benefit and bonus package (On target bonus of 15% and up to 14% pension contribution).
Key words: Java, Scala, Python, Akka, Data Science, Engineer