Principal Big Data Engineer - Architectural Responsibilities + Spark, Scala, AWS.
£80,000 + Benefits
The client is a retail giant, and they are looking for a Principal Engineer to pioneer and drive their Big Data platforms, comprised of AWS and Spark/Scala amongst other tech. In this role, you will be the most Senior Engineer in the team, developing Hadoop ecosystems and influencing new technology choices within the team.
This client is a retail giant who are looking to be creative and innovative with new and emerging technology. They are looking to drive customer-focused solutions from multiple data sources through using cutting edge technology and Big Data ecosystems. They are looking to grow one of the largest and most advanced analytics teams in the UK, and this is aided by a centralised analytic capability team to ensure project reaches expected quality levels.
- As the Senior Big Data Engineer you will drive and lead the Big Data platform efforts within this team using Spark, Scala and AWS.
- You will work closely with Big Data Architects to incorporate new features (such as NiFi and Zeppelin) and data sources into the platform.
- You will bring new technology to the team, and develop proof-of-concepts for new platforms utilising new technology.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- As the Senior Big Data Engineer must have experience using Spark and Scala in a production level project and you must be highly confident using Scala for programming and development.
- You will ideally have exposure to cloud based platforms, preferably using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- The Senior Big Data Engineer will also have experience in making architectural suggestions, and exposure to the modelling and development of Big Data Platforms.
- The Senior Big Data Engineer must also be proficient in the use of Linux environments.
- The chance to enter an established team as the most Senior Big Data Engineer, and pioneer a Big Data platform through development and architectural responsibilities.
- The chance to bring new technology to a team, and develop POC's using this tech to take into production.
- A salary of £80,000 plus benefits (including bonus, pension and healthcare).
KEY WORDS: Spark, Scala, AWS, ZiFi, Zeppelin.
For more information on the role, please get in touch with Josh Carter from Harnham, and apply via the link below.