The successful applicant will work with a team of MI analysts to effectively design and develop a range of daily, weekly and monthly dashboards and reports across multiple client engagements. The role will also provide analysis of data regarding operations performance and communicate with operational teams and clients to proactively identify required performance reports and trends.
The role will work effectively within a team of MI developers and analysts, and alongside the MI Manager and Operations Management to deliver robust, timely and insightful MI and reporting that enables key stakeholders to make informed decisions, based on operational insight and robust data.
The ability to engage and communicate, with good stakeholder management skills and experience are therefore essential. As well as a demonstrable track record of having successfully worked within a management information or business intelligence team in an operations support environment.
The role will require developing familiarity with a host of different systems, both belonging to KPMG and to clients. As such a proven ability to get to grips with different data architectures and schemas is vital – as well as the ability to explain these concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
The role will involve working with several internal functions e.g. Operations Support, Technology Development and multiple Operation engagements within MS, so the ability to proactively build and maintain internal networks will be key to the success of the role.
In addition, there may be interactions direct with clients on reporting so strong communication skills and commercial awareness will be key in the successful applicant.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Translate technical issues into business focused practical solutions by thoroughly understanding the relationship between business processes and the data model to deliver detailed and accurate analysis.
- Liaise with the mobilisation teams and provide management information input to Technology to ensure designed technical solutions are fit for operational and reporting purposes
- Building knowledge in MI team during set up activities for each engagement
- Responsible for producing analysis and MI reporting for Operations with incisive commentary aiding in wider performance understanding
- Design and development of MI that supports a structured approach to performance management and management information to help support Operations and enhance standards of proficiency and capability
- Deliver appropriate analysis to enable key stakeholders to make informed decisions based on sound recommendations to achieve solutions to a wide range of operational problems
- Proactively manage delivery of contractual Service Reviews
- Design, develop & maintain functional dashboards and proactively identify & investigate trends, anomalies & early warning signs
- Undertake operations data management activities
- Design and build of reporting to support resource forecasting and contingency planning and assumptions reviews for tracking purposes.
- Design and build of reporting to support implementation of Forecasting & Productivity initiatives.
- Ensure the policy, procedures and practices of the MI & Planning team comply fully with all legal and regulatory requirements and codes of practice/conduct
- Ensure appropriate risk controls are in place so that items such as the potential risk to company arising from money laundering and fraud, is minimised.
- Reporting of issues of concern and/or business incidents to MI Lead and/or Senior Leadership
- Provide support and cover for operations support levels across and upwards within team
- Build relationships to enhance management of activities across sites
Qualifications and Skills
- Good communication and relationship management skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to use information to generate creative solutions to benefit the business.
- Attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills
Experience and Background
- Min 2 yrs in an MI development/design level role
- Proven ability & experience in Risk Analysis and Data Management
- Knowledge of MI design principles and concepts with experience of using SQL, Microsoft BI Stack, Qlik, Microsoft Office + VBA, or other data mining tools
- Proven ability to work with other functions, including cross-divisional to achieve business objectives
- Awareness of the FCA, CCA, Data Protection Act and other relevant legislation, procedures and processes
- Commercial Awareness
- Accuracy and timeliness of reporting
- Robust performance data
- Stakeholder satisfaction
- Adherence to regulatory requirements
- Deliverables in Line with the Ops Scorecards or Plans
- Satisfactory Audit reports
- Planning & Organising
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Decision Making
- Customer Focussed
- Commercially Focussed
- Driving Results
- Creative thinking
- Developing others
Our Deal At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
Flexible Working While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy