Lead Big Data Engineer - Spark/Python/Scala/AWS/GCP
Fully Greenfield Project
London Bridge - £85,000 + 15-20% Bonus + Benefits
One of the fastest growing businesses in London are looking to leverage the power of their data by implementing a fully greenfield data lake (Spark, Scala, AWS, GCP, Python). This is the chance for you to be the first Big Data Engineer into the company and define their data environment before growing out your team.
This company are in a niche e-commerce industry, and have recently undergone huge amounts of growth. Now sat at 600 employees, they are looking to make the jump from their already highly established data warehouse environment to a scalable data lake.
They are looking to leverage the power of the huge amounts of data they are now receiving, and have already created a high quality proof-of-concept alongside Amazon.
As a Lead Big Data Engineer, you will:
- Be the first Big Data Engineer in the company, and will therefore have full ownership over their Big Data environment.
- Have full technical ownership/decision making.
- Begin to design and build out their data infrastructure, mainly in Spark, AWS and GCP.
- Solve complex large-scale data scalability challenges that come with implementing a new environment into production.
- Find new and innovative ways to maximise the value of data and it's monetary value to the company.
- Begin to grow and build your own team in 2019.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
As Lead Big Data Engineer, you will:
- Have experience in implementing a greenfield data project to a company.
- Have a natural interest in progressing into a Lead Big Data Engineering role with a view to build out your own team in future.
- Have extensive hands-on experience with Data Engineering.
- Have a keen interest in using data to drive business revenue and business functions.
- Have experience using Data Engineering tools, such as Spark, Scala, AWS, SQL etc.
- The opportunity to be the first Data Engineer into a highly established technical environment. You will have the chance to own all technical decisions and have full ownership over the data platform.
- The chance to grow out your own team in the near future, and progress to lead a team of skilled engineers.
- A salary of up to £85,000 + Bonus/Benefits, and an office in an amazing location in Central London.
Please register your interest to Josh Carter at Harnham, or contact 0208 408 6070.