Every person makes New Look the incredible place it is to work, and together, we’re unstoppable. Within our buzzing environment all our talented people work hard but we ensure some fun is thrown in too! We are entering a bold and brave new phase and we’re striving to be a fashion brand with attitude. Fashion is personal and we want everyone to celebrate self-expression, helping our customers to look good, feel great and express themselves with fashion. At New Look, the only rule is that there are no rules and we want people who can make a difference, think big, think brave and aren’t afraid to make mistakes.
An exciting Junior Database Analyst opportunity has arisen in our Ecommerce department here at the New Look head office in Central London.
This role is ideal for someone eager to get their hands dirty with analysis of large and disparate real-world data sets in support of fast-paced business decisions. We are looking for an open mind, a passion for data and customer insight, and has experience in working with large databases.
As a Junior Database Analyst YOU WILL:
• Interrogate the Netezza database to provide insights for customer targeting plans via CRM
• Present results clearly and concisely and in terms relevant to the core business
• Work with partner to develop the optimum technology to surface Netezza insights easily to the CRM team and make it self service where possible for them.
• Make data available between databases, agencies & digital marketing channels such as google, Facebook, criteo and attribution
• Support the overall delivery of the analytics strategy set by the Analytics manager
• Deliver all reporting, analysis, and other project deliverables requested by Analytics manager & the customer data analyst
• Support in identifying further opportunities & analysis ideas for the team to support the business
• Maintain good working relationships with the IT BI department and other collaborating teams to ensure that analytics projects are well-supported and relevant to other stakeholders
• Help support all external relationships including consultants, agencies, and software partners
• Identify and propose opportunities for new analytical methods and programmes, particularly in customer analytics
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• At least 1-2 years of experience on SQL query writing for extract, transform, and load operations supporting ad hoc analyses on structured data
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Positive outlook focused on solutions and innovation
• Knowledge of Business intelligence tools such as Business Objects, Adobe Site Catalyst, etc and Visualisation tools such as Tableau
• Competence in all aspects of the analytical process including scoping of analysis, briefing of results, and development of relevant and actionable recommendations
• Understanding of and experience in using quantitative analysis to inform business decisions
• Understanding of and experience in retail analytics
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Minimum 2:1 Degree, ideally in a quantitative discipline (statistics, mathematics, computer science, operations research, physical sciences, quantitative social sciences, etc)
As well as the opportunity for great career progression, there is everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 40%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses.
We understand that a Rock Star lifestyle isn’t a 9am -5:30pm thing… so we are open to talk about flexible working! No promises but let’s have the chat and see what we can do! Not to mention our 4pm Friday finishes and (monthly free bars), what more could you want?