This consulting firm is looking for Java Developers who will work within a scrum team to create highly secure and time critical platforms and systems:
- Java development using primarily REST and SOAP services.
- BPM (Activiti) development
- Understanding and development of the Hadoop platform
- Support for junior developers.
The developers will need to be subject-matter experts in the following: - Java - REST - SOAP - BPM (Activiti) - ActiveMQ - Spring MVC.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience of development in the following technologies:
- Java, REST, SOAP, BPM (Activiti), ActiveMQ, Spring MVC.
- Must be fluent in English and have a high level of communication skills.
- Should have experience of working in an agile/scrum development environment and be familiar with standard testing and release cycles.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Currently valid UK Government Security Clearance
- At least 5 years development experience
- Good communicator to both technical and non-technical
- Familiarity with working with cloud infrastructure
- Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers
- Nurture more junior members of the team
- Transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Have a flexible attitude
- Have a no-blame culture and encourage people to learn from their mistakes
- Be proficient at working in a flexible, agile environment
- Good team player
Please note you will need to comply with Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) to be offered this role. In addition you will have or will be sponsored for Security Clearance (SC). As such applicants MUST have the legal right to work in the UK and have lived in the UK continuously for the last five years.