- To provide data, process, insights and analytical support to the HR Business Manager on various activities with a key focus on understanding data and corresponding trends
- Play a key strategic enabler in the COO and Functions HR team's ability to shape business decisions using data insights
- Team management of c.3 direct reports, with expectation of providing day to day oversight and longer term career management
- Design and shape the delivery of best in class insight to enable stakeholders to make informed business decisions
- Ownership of relevant analytics and insight to the HR Business Management Team for COO & Central Functions to understand the headcount and cost implications for COO and HR, supporting with strategic initiatives such as location strategy, business restructures etc
- Deliver effective collaboration with COO and HR to produce clear, consistent, robust and value adding MI capability, leveraging all stakeholder requirements
- Support central process of headcount planning and forecasting for the HR function and COO, working in partnership with the Business Managers and Finance/Commercial Managers to ensure accurate and timely reporting, analysis and forecasting
- Contribute to generating ideas to improve the culture of continuous improvement in HRMI
- Provide quality insights to support pre-published MI and Reporting
- Manage key inputs to MBR and other recurring reports
- A partnering relationship with the wider HR function and in particular the HRMI team
- High standard of analytical capability - Advanced Microsoft Excel user level
- Ability to manage and improve process
- Experience of managing stakeholders directly and indirectly, across geographies and cultures, supporting and providing robust challenge where appropriate
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills, including the skill of translating raw data into meaning information to support senior management decision making
- Knowledge of HR functions would be desirable
- Advanced Business Objects user level would be desirable
- Commercial acumen with an understanding of the relationship between activity and cost
- Ability to work in a Matrix reporting environment with multiple stakeholders demonstrate capability to balance and prioritise competing demands
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.