HEAD OF BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
£75,000 - £95,000 + BONUS AND BENEFITS
A well established brand across insurance are looking for a Head of Data and BI to work across multiple Lines of Business to drive both core business as usual processes as well as significant new initiatives.
This company has a number of well established verticals including the analysis and shaping of customer behaviour to drive value for clients as well as providing market leading delivery of products across Insurance
The role will own the Data & BI transformation as well as leading the team through to becoming a modern and successful data function. Management responsibility will be for a small, talented team consisting diverse skillsets from DWH developers, BI developers, to analysts with IT/Business skills, and comprising both permanent staff and project resources.
Main duties include:
Team Leadership and Matrix Relationships
- Manage the permanent staff of the Data & BI team
- Help set the annual budget for Data Strategy
Analysis & Reporting - usage and insight
- Champion latest & mature BI, reporting, data service and interactive data visualisation technologies to make data and metrics available to the business user groups
- Remain abreast of developments in Group Big Data & Analytics team, including requirements from the Data Lake
Data & BI:
- Data Warehousing / implementation experience
- Data Governance lead who has established Data Governance & Control frameworks for a wide set of diverse user
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to apply to, please review the necessary competencies below:
- Insurance and general: ideally a quantitative or scientific background with strong experience in mid sized insurance organisations who are making use of data for underwriting, actuary or analytics (affinity personal lines would be very beneficial). Also exposure to claims, policy, and financial systems data and a knowledge of data regulations such as GDPR or insurance data protection would be very useful
- Data and BI: Strong Data Warehousing implementation knowledge as well as a knowledge of multiple database environments (traditional and cloud ideally) as well as a range of analytical and BI/Visualisation tools highly desirable
- SQL Server, AWS, Alteryx, Python, R, Tableau
- Leadership & Influence: Team leading and building across multiple projects or commitments and management of perm and temp resources would be beneficial. Client, Partner and Senior management engagement is important and experience with regular reporting to various senior key user groups
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this Head of Data and BI (SQL Server, SSIS, AWS, Alteryx, Python, Tableau) role please apply via this site.
SQL, Analytics, Business Intelligence, Analysis, Analyst, Alteryx, Tableau, Python, AWS, Cloud, SSIS, GDPR, Insurance