The role holder will work on the successful delivery of development activities in-line with our customer expectation. They will require good all round experience working across all aspects of a data warehouse solution including data integration, data cleansing/profiling and developing relational structures. They will focus on meeting the quality standards and that a delivery focussed approach is applied.
Working within an existing team the role will include some initial requirements analysis, writing data extracts from multiple source systems into a data warehouse using Informatica and Teradata.
This role will also have the opportunity to contribute towards our development standards, working closely with the Architecture & Solutions team as we look to re-define our business intelligence and reporting capabilities.
Other duties include:
- To provide accurate estimates where required and to contribute to successful project planning and progress monitoring.
- To define and adhere to industry best practise (coding standards, source control, continuous integration etc).
- Conduct code and design quality reviews.
- Develop and maintain software such as (but not limited to) relational structures, stored procedures, functions and triggers.
- Where necessary, lead or co-own the analysis and physical design deliverables with project team development lead(s).
- Assist in system testing and production of supporting development documentation.
- Ensure that all work is completed in line with team processes and procedures.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical business stakeholders.
- Support junior team members through sharing knowledge and experience
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- An excellent track record of delivering software.
- Expertise in the overall design of systems, understanding business needs and transforming them into technical requirements.
- Demonstrable expertise with relational database platforms. Teradata or Microsoft SQL experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Practical experience extracting data from multiple sources (Oracle or IBM iSeries desirable) using data integration tools such as SSIS or Informatica.
- Familiar with data warehouse concepts (e.g. Kimball star schema, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Fact tables).
- Previous experience to delivering projects in line with service level agreements.
- A working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience of working in an Agile (SCRUM) development environment.
- Experienced in large scale Data Warehouse implementations.
- Logical and physical data modelling skills.
- Knowledge and experience of data profiling, data cleansing and data migration.
- Experience working in ITIL-based environment.
- Experience with any rapid development tools such as Wherescape will be advantageous.