Position Title Data Scientist CONTRACTOR
Mission and Main Objectives The digital experience is at the heart of the relationship between the brands and their customers. With project Helios, Nissan and Renault–Nissan Alliance aims to offer internet users with the best technology for their online interaction with the different Alliance brands, be it through a computer, a mobile phone or a tablet. The ambition of Helios is to create a single ‘best in class’ global digital platform for all brands in the Renault-Nissan Alliance and deploy it for every region and market globally. Helios will eventually serve over 170 digital sites for 100 Nissan Motor Corporation markets worldwide.
As Data Scientist – Digital Customer Journey you will be part of the Data Intelligence and Optimisation Team and you will demonstrate proven capabilities in working collaboratively with different teams across the Helios programme, building and enhancing strong relationships with various stakeholders across the globe, supporting a diverse and multi-cultural team and proactively overseeing and ensuring execution of website optimisation and improvement programmes to provide best in class digital marketing services for the markets.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities This role requires a good understanding of all phases of the analytic process including data collection, preparation, modelling, evaluation, and insight generation. The creative use of data / data sources is a must, the candidate should have not only a strong analytical mind but also to be resourceful when it comes to solving problems with limited initial data.
The candidate need to demonstrate a high level of expertise in the use of machine learning and statistical techniques. Skills in deep learning, data mining, knowledge extraction and graph theory are also highly desirable.
Experience working for with customer marketing date is a must, and an automotive company on the client or agency side is a big advantage.
Additional Tasks and responsibilities (include team management, if any)
• Experience building customer-level marketing and analytic tools including customer segmentation and performing attribution modelling, media mix modelling, statistics/econometrics
• Master’s degree or above in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Physics, Engineering or related field.
• Moderate years of experience with programming languages such as Python (preferred), R, or equivalent.
• Experience with both descriptive and predictive analytic techniques including clustering, regression, classification methods, etc. (Data Mining /Machine Learning)
• Data extraction from structured/unstructured sources; extracts data from API’s across a range of social platforms – JSON, XML
• Good data manipulation skills using SQL based databases
• Experience with data visualization and analytic techniques using tools such as Python/R (for visualization purposes), Tableau (Preferred)
• Basic understanding of Text Mining , Natural Language Processing
• Experience working with Big Data, cloud based and open source technologies including Apache Hadoop (including HBase, Hive, Mahout and Pig) , Amazon Web Services and/or ideally use of Google Big Query and Google Cloud Platform preferred
• Use of NoSQL technologies like MongoDB or Graph Databases (e.g. Neo4J) a plus
• Working knowledge of digital analytic solutions including Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics (preferred)
• An enthusiastic and interpersonal individual
Type of Contract Contractor
Site / Location of Position United Kingdom - London
Legal Entity (NDE) Nissan Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd - Nissan Design Europe - London, UK
Background & Experience
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and at-times intense environment
• Ability to liaise with a diverse group of stakeholders including regional/market business owners of diverse international backgrounds, core team members, executive/management, other members of core team (PMO and technology team members) and vendors (management, business analyst, UX/creative, and developers)
• Strong analytical skills to understand/interpret and support translation of automotive customer’s business needs into application and operational requirements
• Strong problem solving skills to support creation of workable solutions to automotive business problems, ability to understand and trouble-shoot anticipated and unanticipated changes
• Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of strategic, logical and creative solutions to challenging issues
• Efficient time management and good prioritisation and organisational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication and robust presentation skills
Anticipated Start Date 28-Aug-2017