As Vodafone continues to evolve, our dedication to innovation has never been greater. Already the world's leading mobile telecommunications company, our goal is to pioneer a world of total communications solutions, where fixed, mobile, voice and data will all become one. And with approximately 407 million customers to cater for across the globe, there has never been a better time to jump on board.
At Vodafone, we don’t just produce creative products, we develop amazing people too. We’re a brand that loves change – if it’s not happening naturally then we’re building it ourselves. It’s at our core to push forward, to build a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate. That’s the lifeblood that runs throughout Vodafone. We are driven to empower people. We are committed to helping our people perform at their best and achieve their full potential.
Check out the latest, vacancies, blogs and discussions - www.vodafone.com/bigdata
The role of Data Scientist will be a key position within the Big Data analytics team.
We are looking for an experience Data Scientist to work closely with the Lead Data Scientist to explore local OpCo Big Data Analytics opportunities as well as supporting and capitalising on Central Functional Team innovation initiatives. You will be working with key stakeholders within local OpCo to generate hypotheses and supports the analytics modelling managers to create models that answer impactful business questions.
As Data Scientist your main responsibilities will involve:
• Translating complex datasets into key strategy insight and powerful capabilities, to the business:
• Identify new analytics trends and opportunities to drive the innovation agenda across OpCos
• Identify new data sources and evaluate emerging technologies for data discovery usage
• Be recognised as an expert in Big Data Analytics, advising on the suitability of Big Data products and solutions
• Advise the analytics modelling managers on best practice methodology for Big Data Analytics (e.g. Hive, Pig, SAP HANA)
• Delve into data from different systems, at different timescales, and in complex formats to discover hidden relationships and useful information
• Advise on best practice Big Data Analytics methodology and processes for analytics insight generation, technology and data
• Support a community of data scientists across OpCos.
As Data Scientist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Significant experience in Big Data analytics & deployment of models and algorithms into a commercial/consumer environment in order to analyse extremely large volumes of structured data
• Ability to test hypotheses from raw data sets and draw meaningful conclusions
• Experience in Big Data Analytics landscape and technology trends (e.g. HDFS, NoSQL, Hive, Pig, Cassandra, Mahoot)
• Deep and broad statistical modelling expertise in various domains
• Good communication skills, with proven ability to work cross functional teams to translate business issues into potential analytics solutions
• Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computing and Engineering
• Working knowledge of Big Data statistical analytics tools (e.g. Mahoot, SAS, R)
• Familiar with leading visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire)
• No. of new Use Cases
• Innovation pipeline
• Execution against the Big Data Roadmap.
Here at Vodafone, we aim to create a working culture that is inclusive to all and believe that having a diverse workforce which reflects our global footprint will help us meet the needs of our globally diverse customers. We do not condone unfair treatment of any kind and offer equal opportunities for all aspects of employment and advancement regardless of race, nationality, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or religious or political belief.
Our vision is to have an inclusive culture which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of the diversity of our people. Therefore, we want people from all walks of life to come and join us in the Vodafone family. We want to attract the best talent there is globally - whoever they are, wherever they come from and whatever professional background and experience they have.
Please advise if you require any alterations or adjustments to support you through our recruitment process. If so please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org