We're currently recruiting for a Data Scientist here at The John Lewis Partnership Head Office, London, Victoria. With a passion for ecommerce and customer insight - you will be an expert in working with data, be very curious about customers and data patterns, and passionate about turning data into accurate and meaningful insight that is easy to understand, tells a compelling story and has commercial impact.
You will be responsible for solving business problems that require complex data modelling, machine learning or statistical analysis - with a particular focus on ecommerce data - as well as finding creative opportunities to produce insights and recommendations that help drive John Lewis’ business success. You will be expected to encourage high standards in the wider analytics team by sharing knowledge and offering advice. Lastly, as an expert, it will be necessary for you to provide an authoritative voice on business questions where measurement is particularly contentious or complex.
For a full list of accountabilities in this role, please download the job description attached to the main advert. You may wish to save this now as it will not be available to view once the advert has closed.
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
To be considered for this role, you must have the following skills/experience:
-Degree in computing / mathematics / statistics or a degree heavily using statistics or econometrics (Physics, Biology, Chemistry etc)
- Programming ability (e.g. in Python, R)
- Data modelling experience in above language
- Extensive experience working with web data (e.g. Adobe analytics)
- SQL experience
- High level statistical knowledge
- Strong communication skills - able to communicate complex analytical concepts in a clear and concise manner to business leaders whilst building excitement around discoveries and opportunities
Required desirable experience skills and qualifications
Although not essential, the following skills/experience will be advantageous:
- MSc / PhD in relevant field
- Marketing or retail experience, preferably in an ecommerce environment
- Experience working with different data sources (rest APIs, different database technologies, etc)
- Experience with any of: Business Objects, Adobe/Site Catalyst/Omniture, Tableau, Hadoop, Splunk