JOB TITLE: Data Analyst - Audience
LOCATION: London - based in Oxford Circus
SALARY & BENEFITS: circa £45,000 depending on experience
WORKING HOURS: Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:30 some flexibility required
THE COMPANY: The I newspaper is owned and published by Johnston Press which also publishes the Yorkshire Post and The Scotsman.
THE ROLE: Growing the Inews website is a key goal for 2018 and the Data Analyst - Audience will generate analytics and insight to support this growth.
Working as part of the audience development team you will become the expert on site performance and help editorial teams create the right mix of content and features. As well as the Inews website you will also monitor the performance of our presence on social media as well as our use of external platforms such as Google Newstand, Facebook Instant Articles and Apple News.
Your core role will be to help this team identify and focus on the drivers of audience growth. This role needs a strong analytical background but also an ability to see beyond the numbers and help direct the team's behaviour accordingly.
Key responsibilities of the Data Analyst - Audience:
- Lead analytics on Inews to develop an in depth understanding of user behaviour
- Identify content areas that can reach a new audience and drive increased traffic volumes
- Be the key point of contact for Editorial and Product teams wanting insight into performance
- Develop and operate reporting dashboards and custom reports
- Monitor site activity against traffic forecasts and manage communications around performance
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate for the Data Analyst - Audience position will have had experience in an analytical role within a digital business, preferably content based. You will have excellent presentation skills and have the ability to write strong reports and deliver results in a confident manner.
Key Experience/ Characteristics required for the Data Analyst - Audience position based in London
- Experience in an analytical role at a digital business, preferably content based
- Extensive knowledge of advanced web analytics solutions, with experience in Google Analytics and Google Data Studio a plus
- Experience with making technical changes to a website either via tag management solutions or working with a development team
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to drive decision-making
- Interest in News and Digital publishing
Does this sound like you? Are If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps