When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Commercial Systems & Reporting Manager leads all aspects of the business’ commercial reporting and development of its key commercial systems as well as leading a team of commercial analysts.
• Work closely with stakeholders across the business to identify need, prioritise insight initiatives and manage commercial reporting/Business Intelligence projects through to completion
• Through your team provide expert data driven insights and decision consultancy (portfolio analysis and margin expansion)
• Translate data into deep insight, distilling findings into clear, actionable reports and presentations, suitable for sharing with executive and commercial audiences
• Drive continuous development of the Cognos BI system to ensure its potential is maximized across the business
• Lead and manage a team of 2 high-potentials, including objective setting, regular feedback and development and performance reviews
• Manage the monthly cycle for key revenue and commercial margin reporting
• Drive continuous improvement in the processes for product and customer master data governance and ensure commercial data is aligned with strategic priorities
• Oversee the development of monthly reports to provide ground-breaking insights
• Provide regular and insightful reporting to the business on KPIs such as price list adherence and regional / country / market / sales person / product range performance
• Provide regular reporting to the business on the performance of marketing initiatives
• Oversee the daily maintenance of the Cognos BI system, liaising with IT on overnight loads, training new and existing users, creating effective system governance and managing master data
• Lead the business on Cognos BI through supporting ad hoc reporting requests and creating & maintaining standard reports (through your team)
• Work very closely with the Commercial Finance team day-to-day to ensure the commercial systems and reporting needs of the business are being met
• Work very closely with the enterprise IT organization to identify solutions for business information challenges, such as migrating our legacy US commercial datamart into our strategic data warehouse.
• Play an active role in divisional key strategic projects as the need arises
• Liaise with R&D and product management to ensure accurate reporting of vitality sales
• Work on other ad hoc tasks as required
• Undergraduate degree or higher
• Working experience of a major Business Intelligence product, such as Cognos BI (preferred), PowerBI, Tableau or similar
• Experience of effectively leading and managing a team
• A broad understanding of basic accounting principles and finance concepts (accountancy qualification desirable)
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Strong communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with non-finance people and understand their needs
• Previous experience working in (or closely with) a commercial finance function
• A self-starter with experience of creating insightful MI/BI reports
• Experience of overcoming imperfect/incomplete data to deliver robust system reporting
• A recognised Project Management qualification (such as PMP or PRINCE2) would be desirable
• Desire for career advancement within Thermo Fisher
• Working experience of SAP and Hyperion advantageous
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.