CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
• Work with stakeholders across the UK & Ireland business to deliver innovative and unique data visualization and technical solutions to support the Easiest Choice Vision
• Partner with a wide range of internal customers and project teams; analyse and validate data sources; understand and agree key metrics and outputs; proactively identify opportunities to automate and improve productivity
• Develop and enhance a suite of ad-hoc and standard reporting outputs from raw data into visual format which meet internal and external customer needs across the UK & Ireland
• Work with wider BI team and internal IT Teams to drive technical innovation and add genuine value and insight to all aspects of the business
• Point of contact for project owners and function leads on inbound requests for development and reporting work across UK & Ireland.
• Internal collaborate with country BI team to combine technical expertise and business knowledge to deliver timely, sustainable and creative solutions to meet business needs.
• Assume responsibility for ‘project’ and development work; partnering with a range of business functions at all levels; provide updates and feedback as required.
• Manage workload with a high degree of autonomy; continuously identify and deliver efficiencies across all work streams
• Ensure that both internal and external deadlines and SLA’s are met; daily, monthly and ad-hoc.
• Effectively manage and interrogate complex data sets; assume responsibility for accuracy and quality of outputs through understanding aim and purpose of projects/developments
• Provide ongoing support to existing solutions according to complexity and importance
• Produce data visualization which meets customer needs and is clearly understood
• Be able to identify and communicate opportunities to deliver operational efficiencies; identify process bottlenecks and feedback to process owners/managers to ensure solutions are delivered as expected
• To challenge existing solutions and ways of working; provide expertise in the delivery of process improvement and technical support; to develop skills across all these areas as part of the role.
• Be able to effectively communicate complex ideas with customers across all levels of the business
• Adapt to changing priorities; the ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team both within the BI function and partnering other business areas
Desirable; Degree Level or Professional Qualification in Information Management/IT, Business or Accounting; Project management; SQL or similar
• Experience of working with multiple business functions/stakeholders
• Ability to manage complex datasets extracting data from Business Warehouse, SAP, Siebel and internal databases.
• Delivering technical solutions on how best to present information to internal stakeholders and deliver process improvements across the wider business.
Skills and Knowledge
• Ability to manage workload and deliver to deadline
• Advanced MS Excel skills (creating pivot tables, v-lookups, macro’s etc.)
• Ability to communicate effectively across all reporting levels
• Basic SQL / VBA working knowledge is desirable (automated reports, custom views, Auto-formatting)
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday. www.chep.com/jobs EOE