Teradata is one of the world’s leading business intelligence companies, with customers such as Apple, eBay, Philips, Unilever, Philips, Vodafone and Tesco. The products are industry-leading analytic database engine and analytics services; the services are delivered by our people who are experts in building analytic insight using our database technology.
Whilst Teradata has 30 years expertise in building and modelling data for insight, until recently we relied on our customers to define the requirements for their business needs. The Teradata Business Analysis Practice was founded in 2014 to take ownership of the requirements gathering and business analysis necessary to deliver quality projects and successful end results.
The Teradata Business Analyst Practice sits in the Professional Services (PS) organisation and acts as the link between Teradata technology delivery and the client business teams, working in close collaboration with Project Managers, Industry Consultants, Technology Consultants and Data Modellers on engagements. This role represents an excellent opportunity to become an influential part of a new, fast growing team with plenty of opportunities to learn, stretch and develop your business, technical and leadership skills.
Teradata Professional Services Role Description
Salary: Competitive with excellent benefits
Location: Virtual with 80% travel
The Teradata BA role is a multi-faceted role, active as part of end-to-end project delivery as well as in pre-sales cycles for business exploration.
Teradata BAs are responsible for the delivery of the business analysis workstream for Teradata services delivery and must have a deep understanding of the fine points of the data arena: data warehousing, big data, data usage, tools and analytics, in order to extract the correct requirements from our clients.
The role is 80% travel and involves work across the UK and Ireland, with potential work across the Northern Europe region.
Key responsibilities / accountabilities:
You must have high levels of self-motivation, excellent relationship management and the ability to communicate with both technical and business stakeholders in industry-appropriate terminology.
On engagement, you will be responsible for the full BA workstream using Teradata methodologies and processes, including but not limited to -
• Workstream scoping, planning and execution
• Requirements management (functional, non-functional) and associated documentation management
• Communications and stakeholder management
• Prototyping and UAT Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge & Experience: Demonstrate how you fulfil these requirements and provide examples where relevant/possible.
M = Must have
S = Should have
Your Skills and Experience:
• Data warehousing, big data, data modelling and data analysis (M)
• Familiarity with both traditional and agile IT project delivery and development cycles (M)
• Excellent written and oral English, with experience preparing and managing documentation of senior level client deliverables (M)
• Understanding of data science (S)
• Industry experience from one or more core industries (finance, insurance, retail, government) (S)
• Workshop, meeting facilitation and interviewing experience (M)
• Detail focussed, resourceful, decisive, composed, problem-solver, flexible and adaptable (S)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (M)
• Strong skills in stakeholder management and customer service; able to manage complex relationships and organisations (M)
• Organisational competence and the ability to communicate at all levels, experience with large and high-profile organisations (S)
• Strong influencing skills to manage key decision-makers in highly political environments (M)
• Working effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-organisational teams (M)
Technical - Understanding and/or experience in the following:
• Data architecture and structures (M)
• Data analysis and data modelling (M)
• Data integration software such as AbInitio (S)
• BI tools: specification, development and use (e.g. Tableau/Qlikview/BO) (S)
• CRM Tools: specification, development and use (S)
• CRM Strategy: definition, assessment (S)
• Requirements management tools: JIRA, Jama, Trello
Degree and qualifications:
• 3+ years’ experience (M)
• Degrees in Business Management, Computer Science or other related areas (M)
Please apply with a 2-page (maximum) CV and 1-page (maximum) covering letter which should be titled: lastname_firstname_(name of document).
We short-list candidates based upon the CV and cover letter; ensure that these two documents cover the points mentioned in the job description.
Benefits: By joining us, you will not only be joining a great team with the opportunity for personal growth and a satisfying career, but also have a fantastic set of benefits, including 24 days annual leave, matching 6% pension scheme, private healthcare options and flexible Benefits scheme allowing salary sacrifice for Childcare Vouchers, Cycle Scheme etc.