A new BI Developer contract has arisen with a banking sector within their data solutions and visualisations team. This is an excellent opportunity work within a far reaching team that interacts with the various business departments in order to provide commercial insights and help optimise strategy. As a BI Developer you will be working within the retail banking side of the bank interacting with the banks portfolio of products, including storing data, developing ETL feeds and reporting.
As a BI Developer you will be working as part of a team of specialists that collectively maintain the central systems including servicing and optimising the data platforms. Your central role will be to develop SQL databases to service timely and accurate reporting for the business, producing reporting and data extracts for analysis. As a BI Developer your role will include:
- Developing ETL feeds for a SQL 2005 solution
- Developing cubes using SSAS
- Developing key relationships with stakeholders business wide to gather requirements
- Championing reporting across the business, being able to analyse develop and expand on reporting for stakeholders
KEY SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
The ideal BI Developer will have excellent stakeholder management skills with a keen eye to detail. It would be strongly beneficial to have worked in high pressured fast paced environments with knowledge of financial data. The ideal BI Developer will also have:
- Excellent experience of processes and data flows including ETL package development in SSIS and SQL databases
- Strong experience using SSAS and SSRS with exposure to a data visualisation reporting tool
- Proven capability in communicating technical ideas to non-technical stakeholders
- Data analysis experience
It would also present a distinct advantage if the ideal candidate had a financial services background with banking sector or asset management firms, but this is not essential. If this position sounds of interest or you are interested in BI and Data Warehousing contracts submit your CV via this advert to register your interest!